Is it possible that we all have a different view of colors we see.  

Sam Ndirangu
Member Moderator

So I was watching the news today and saw this guy who writes upside down and when he tries to write the way we all write he gets disoriented the same any of us would feel trying to read or write something upside down.. 

So I got thinking is it possible that we all view colors differently.. Like what I see as a blue for me might actually be red for someone else if they saw what I see...  but due to our upbringing we all call this colors the same bt might see them differently. ??

Edited: 8 months  ago
ReplyQuote
Posted : March 11, 2017 6:20 pm Fsociety liked
Fsociety

I think it's all about perception and the aspects of truth, like there's no absolute truth to anything.. However there are some things that are societal, and accepted, like language, ie, we all know that "mkate" is Swahili name for bread, you can't  argue that according to your perception "mkate" should mean a car. 

On the other hand, in Plato's "Allegory of the cave" the men tied in chains in the cave have been made to believe that the shadows casted on the wall is the reality, and so they believe since it's the only thing they've seen from birth. 

Lastly, I think we should always dare to seek intuition to reveal more than just the realities we've been made to believe from different settings of upbringings. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 11, 2017 7:00 pm
Sam Ndirangu
Member Moderator

No.. I mean like is it possible that we all see things differently bt since we all went through the same system of education we called this things the same..

My blood is red.. Bt the color red might be different to others it may be black (to us) bt due to the we were taught when we were young we all call it the same..

Hehe it's something I've been wondering since I saw the news

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 11, 2017 7:11 pm
Sam Ndirangu
Member Moderator

It's like that guy who can write upside down.. May out there kuna some guy who sees the world upside-down bt has never noticed or doesn't know other people view the world opposite.. So he thinks its just normal

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 11, 2017 7:15 pm
Fsociety

It is possible that we may see things differently. Apart from the abilities, we can borrow this concept in today's world and how it's controlled. There are things that some people see differently from those who have been taught the same about it. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 11, 2017 7:27 pm

Working

Please Login or Register